Celebrate Life on a Slow Day in Apple Country
Slow Food Russian River invites you to a slow day in apple country. Enjoy our Apple Country lifestyle.
September 10, 10am – 2pm
Luther Burbank Experiment Farm & Devoto Orchards
Proceeds of this event will fund trips for low-income school children to our Community Apple Press.
• Taste artisan hard ciders and learn from the cider makers. Travel a short distance from Luther Burbank Experiment Farm to Devoto Orchards, one of the most beautiful and biodiverse apple farms in Sonoma County. Learn about hard cider with Jolie Devoto-Wade of Golden State Cider Co. and Ellen Cavalli of Tilted Shed Ciderworks.
• Savor a locally-sourced Farm-to-Table Lunch made with the bounty of local farms prepared by one of Sonoma County’s favorite chefs, Matt Fidler (gluten free and vegetarian options at checkout).
Remember Lucy’s on the plaza? Remember how good the food was? Matt Fidler was one of the chefs at the heart of Lucy’s.
The menu includes:
• Mesquite and Applewood Roasted Porchetta featuring pork grown in Sonoma County
• Roasted apples and spiced pears
• Mixed grilled vegetables, including the great thrill of life – torpedo onions
• Fresh herbed corn spoon bread
• Heirloom tomato, cuke, and bean Panzanella
• The truly fabulous and amazing apple crisp by Dominique’s Sweets, with ice cream
• Take a walking tour of the farm in the dappled shade of Devoto Orchards led by farmer, Jolie Devoto-Wade.