Earth Day 2016 Disco Soup | Let’s Turn Food Waste into a Dance Party!
In conjunction with the Sebastopol Village Building Convergence we are inviting you to participate a Disco Soup where we turn food waste into a party and a meal!
What a better way to celebrate earth day than going to a free all-ages dance party, where you can help cook soup for everyone, with ugly unsold vegetables gleaned from local farms… when this dance party is also the last day of a ten day community building festival (Village Building Convergence Sebastopol)?
Bring your apron, knife and groove as well as your children, neighbors, parents, cousins, friends… Come as early as ten days ahead as there is a lot going on in VBC 🙂 (http://
We’d love to see you there…and check out the list of remaining needs to see if you might be able to contribute:
- What: Make and enjoy soup and dance music! Bring a chopping board, knife, bowl, spoon, apron, water cup and dancing shoes!
- Why: We will use food that would have gone to waste and share it freely with everyone while we enjoy some great dance music!
- Where: Outside the front of the Sebastopol Community Center.
- When: April 24th, starting at 3pm. Clean-up ending at 5pm
- Who: Sponsored by Slow Food Russian River and the Grange Credit Union.
- RSVP on the Facebook Event page
What is A Disco Soup Event?
The event invites participants to join in cooking delicious meals with food waste that has been collected before it is thrown away. A great way to learn something new and grow the food waste prevention movement while having fun and enjoying Disco music!
Volunteers, Food & Chef(s) Wanted
- Chef(s): We are hoping to inspire a great chef or two who can transform food that would have gone to waste into yummy soups!
- Food: We are accepting donations of food that would have gone to waste ranging for local veggies to bone broth makings
- Volunteers: Looking for volunteers willing to help with logistics on the evening of the event.
- Spreading the Word: Having your help advertising and spreading the word would be wonderful!