All Good, Clean and Fair Food Lovers are invited to get together for conviviality, conversation, and a delicious Middle Eastern meal prepared by Isa Jacoby at our 2017 Annual Members and Community Meeting where we will lay out the year ahead.
Bring appetizers and desserts, beverages (alcoholic or otherwise).
Sunday, March 5
3 – 6 pm
Sebastopol Subud Hall
We will cover these topics at our 2017 Annual Members and Community Meeting
• Recap of our work for 2016 and looking forward to 2017 projects including reports about and discussion of:
• Michael Dimock, President of Roots of Change, co-founder of Slow Food Russian River, and Past President of Slow Food USA, will discuss the challenges and opportunites we face in 2017 in our quest for good, clean and fair food for all.
• Steele Lane School Garden
• Apple Core and Community Apple Press
• 4-H Turkey Project
• Book Group
• Slow Food California
• Snail of Approval Project
• Slow Food Nations, Denver, July 14-16, 2017
• Strawberry Event 2017
• Cider Event
• Media Team
• Refugee Project
• Treasurer’s Report
• Election of Leadership Team for 2017
• Opportunities to get involved as a volunteer: Sign-up at the meeting!
About Slow Food Russian River
We are Slow Food Russian River, Sonoma County, California, a SFUSA chapter of Slow Food, the international organization dedicated to a food system that gives us Good Food, Healthy Food, Clean Environment, Fair Pay, and Food Justice, for all.
We are located in Sonoma County, California, in an area covering Santa Rosa, Rohnert Park and Cotati, and further toward the Pacific Ocean, with towns and hamlets in West County, such as Sebastopol, Freestone, Valley Ford, Bodega and Bodega Bay, Occidental, Graton, Forestville, Guerneville, Jenner, Duncan Mills, Rio Nido.
Sonoma County is well known for the wealth and breadth of its agricultural heritage and its open spaces. Our grapes and wines, our apples, cider and Eau de Vie de Pomme, our barley, hops, and beers, our sheep, goats and cows, and milk, yoghurts, and cheeses, the wools and meats, charcuterie.
To become a member of Slow Food Russian River sign up at Slow Food USA and give “Russian River” as your desired chapter affiliation.